No Add-in After Installation

Mar 19, 2010 at 11:04 PM

Hello,

I've seen several other people ask this question but there are no answers to it posted.

I have downloaded and installed the add-in .msi file. It shows in my progam list as installed. What am I supposed to do now? I can't see it in Excell. Is there something elset that needs to be done.

This looks like a really useful application if only I could get it to work.

I've tried on: Windows 7, Office 2007 and Office 2010
and Windows XP, Office 2003

Nothing obvious.

PLEASE someone help me.

Thanks,
Tony

Coordinator
Mar 21, 2010 at 6:53 AM

Hi Tony,

try to manually instal VSTO file that you find in "c:\Program Files\Nocelab\Nocelab MSCRM Excel Addin\Nocelab.MSCRMExcelAddin.vsto" by double clicking.

This procedure should start the clickone deployment and after that you will be able to see the addin into Excel.

let me know if you have any troubles.

thank you

Roberto

Coordinator
Mar 21, 2010 at 7:19 AM

Hi Tony,

Moreover, you can use the last last version that will be easier  to install.

thank you

Roberto

Mar 22, 2010 at 4:20 AM

Hello Roberto,

I’ve tried the new version but get this error. Any suggestions how to get through this?

Thanks,

Tony

Name: Nocelab.MSCRMExcelAddin

From: file://..../CRM 4.0 Marketing List Member Importer/Nocelab.MSCRMExcelAddin2.0/Nocelab.MSCRMExcelAddin.vsto

************** Exception Text **************

System.Security.SecurityException: Customized functionality in this application will not work because the certificate used to sign the deployment manifest for Nocelab.MSCRMExcelAddin or its location is not trusted. Contact your administrator for further assistance.

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInTrustEvaluator.VerifyTrustPromptKeyInternal(ClickOnceTrustPromptKeyValue promptKeyValue, DeploymentSignatureInformation signatureInformation, String productName)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInTrustEvaluator.VerifyTrustUsingPromptKey(Uri manifest, DeploymentSignatureInformation signatureInformation, String productName)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.VerifySecurity(ActivationContext context, Uri manifest, AddInInstallationStatus installState)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.InstallAddIn()

The Zone of the assembly that failed was:

MyComputer

Sent: Sunday, 21 March 2010 7:19 p.m.
To: Tony Vine
Subject: Re: No Add-in After Installation [mscrmMemberImporter:205540]

Hi Tony,

Moreover, you can use the last last version that will be easier to install.

thank you

Roberto

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (mscrmMemberImporter@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email mscrmMemberImporter@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Coordinator
Mar 31, 2010 at 2:31 PM

Hi Tony,

please check this video about release 2.0 - How to install Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Marketing List Member Importer [1]

it should be much more easier to install.

Moreover, I'm not able to see your screenshot. Can you re-append? 

thank you

Roberto

[1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUM6eGcx54U